The Western Dressage Association® of America has developed a show recognition process to allow participation in the WDAA Horse Lifetime Points & Award Program. Only approved competitions that are recognized by WDAA will be eligible for participation in the WDAA Horse Lifetime Awards Program as well as future WDAA award programs.
- A unique show identification number will be assigned by WDAA for all approved recognized shows and will be provided exclusive WDAA branded logos for advertising and promotion. (special logo files will be delivered electronically).
- All WDAA Recognized Shows will be highlighted on the WDAA Events Calendar webpage with a website link for show details.
- To apply for WDAA Recognized Show status, submit your application at least thirty (30) days prior to the show start date. Provide show bill or prize/class list and judge’s credentials.
- A $35 recognized show fee must be submitted with the application.
- Separate applications, companion documentation, and fees must be submitted for each individual show/event. The WDAA retains the right of final approval of recognition for all events.
If you prefer to submit your application by mail, download this printable Show Recognition Application and mail it in with your payment check to the address shown on the application form.
Criteria for Show Recognition to be approved by WDAA:
- The show must adhere to USEF Rules for all tests and rail classes
- The show must use WDAA Tests
- All dressage tests and rail classes must be judged by USEF licensed judges as defined in the USEF Rulebook(s) (i.e. USEF ‘r’, ‘R’, or ‘S’ Dressage licensed judges or USEF Western Dressage licensed judges)
- All judges must be a member in good standing of WDAA
USEF ‘r’ Western Dressage judges are approved to judge western dressage Intro & Basic tests only. Level 1 and above tests judged by USEF ‘r’ Western Dressage judges will not be eligible for submission for WDAA Horse Performance Award.
USEF “R” Western Dressage judges are approved to judge all levels of Western Dressage tests.
*USEF ‘r’ and “R” Western Dressage judges are approved to judge western dressage suitability, hack, or equitation classes.
USEF ‘r’, “R”, and “S” Dressage judges are approved to judge all levels at a Western Dressage show.
USEF ‘r’, “R”, and “S” Dressage judges are not eligible to judge western dressage suitability, hack, or equitation classes.
Show Recognition Responsibilities after receiving approval:
- All WDAA Recognized Shows will be governed by the USEF Rule Book.
- All participants in western dressage classes at WDAA Recognized Shows will be eligible to take part and submit placings in the WDAA Horse Lifetime Award Program.
- All WDAA Recognized Show results MUST be submitted to the WDAA within fourteen (14) days of the closing of event.
- WDAA Recognized Shows are granted limited permission to access WDAA tests and must use the specially branded WDAA Recognized Show Logo for promotion and advertising (provided electronically upon approval of application).